This page contains links to some of the most salient research documents, policy documents and books on the arts and human rights.
- Human Rights explained: Guides to Human Rights Law, Irish Human Rights and Equality Commission, 2015. Read here.
- The Universal Declaration of Human Rights, the United Nations, 1948. Read here.
- ‘Charter of Fundamental Rights of the European Union’, Official Journal of the European Communities, 2000. Read here.
- Exploring the Connections between Arts and Human Rights: Report of high-level expert meeting Vienna, 29 – 30 May 2017, European Union Agency for Fundamental Rights, 2017. Read here.
- ‘Using Arts Activism and Poetry to Catalyze Human Rights Engagement and Reflection’, Jane McPherson and Nicholas Mazza, Social Work Education: The International Journal, 2014. Read here.
- ‘Human Rights, Development, and Democracy in Africa: What Role for the Arts?’, Mike Van Graan, World Policy Journal, 2013. Read here.
- Human Rights and the Arts: Perspectives on Global Asia (Global Encounters: Studies in Comparative Political Theory), Susan J Henders and Lily Cho, 2017. Available to buy here.