This page comprises links to Smashing Times Theatre and Film Company publications on the arts and human rights.
- Women in an Equal Europe Book, 2018. Read here.
- Drama for Change Theatre Curriculum, 2017. Read here.
- Women War and Peace Book, 2016. Read here.
Other Publications on the Arts and Human Rights
This page contains links to some of the most salient research documents, policy documents and books on the arts and human rights.
- Human Rights explained: Guides to Human Rights Law, Irish Human Rights and Equality Commission, 2015. Read here.
- The Universal Declaration of Human Rights, the United Nations, 1948. Read here.
- ‘Charter of Fundamental Rights of the European Union’, Official Journal of the European Communities, 2000. Read here.
- Exploring the Connections between Arts and Human Rights: Report of high-level expert meeting Vienna, 29 – 30 May 2017, European Union Agency for Fundamental Rights, 2017. Read here.
- ‘Using Arts Activism and Poetry to Catalyze Human Rights Engagement and Reflection’, Jane McPherson and Nicholas Mazza, Social Work Education: The International Journal, 2014. Read here.
- ‘Human Rights, Development, and Democracy in Africa: What Role for the Arts?’, Mike Van Graan, World Policy Journal, 2013. Read here.
- Human Rights and the Arts: Perspectives on Global Asia (Global Encounters: Studies in Comparative Political Theory), Susan J Henders and Lily Cho, 2017. Available to buy here.
- ‘Is access to art a human right?’ Barry Knight, Alliance Magazine, 2015. Read here.
- ‘Report of the Special Rapporteur in the field of cultural rights, Farida Shaheed: The right to freedom of artistic expression and creativity’, Farida Shaheed, United Nations General Assembly, 2013. Read here.
- ‘The importance of art in human rights’, Cimakh, Institute for Human Rights, The University of Alabama at Birmingham, 2018. Read here.